Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pilates Bear Hunt

Desert Island... I bet you are all wishing that was dessert island!

Are you looking for escape? You need to stop looking for the exit in this trial. Some things we have to go right through. You can do difficult things. It's like the bear hunt: can't go over it, can't go under it, we've got to go through it. So hang in there. Mentally stay in, go through, and don't look for the way out.

You have done other hard things in your life. Use that as proof that you can go without sugar for two more days. Your health is worth it. Your self respect is worth it. You are worth it!

2 comments:

Emilee Wolters said...

Dawn,
I have been doing the dvd 2 times a week for about 5 weeks. The first couple of times I could really feel it afterward. But lately I am just not feeling it. I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I try to take the exercises as long as I can and I do feel it while in the exercise. Do you have any suggestions?

Dawn Wessman said...

This is a great question. It's probably time to take it a little more slowly, and really focus in on the muscles rather than the choreography. Be very methodical, seeking to "wring the moisture out" of your core with each movement. Also, it's probably time to switch up the routine a bit. You know the drills; omit or add exercises. Do more reps more slowly- I really break a sweat this way. Also, finish the challange and I'll come and do a personal training session with you and show you a bunch of new moves.