Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pantry Basics

Here are items that I cook with extensively and always have on hand. With these, I can make my shopping trips be almost all fresh produce. This keeps me around the perimeter of the store and out of the aisles, which means I am tempted by colors, smells and tastes of fresh foods and not the colors and crinkly-paper sounds of Oreo boxes!


Old Fashioned Oats
Vanilla Soy Milk (I use this instead of milk because I love the flavor, I like being dairy-free, and it keeps on the shelf so I don't have to go the store.)
Morning Moos dried Milk
Honey
Pure Maple Syrup
Raw Nuts
Whole Grain Pasta: Tortellini, Spaghetti, Angle Hair, Penne, Bow tie, Lasagna, Orzo
Sun dried Tomatoes
Raisins, Dried Cherries, Dried Plums
Canned: Sugar free fruits, low-fat cream of everything, diced Italian style tomatoes, olives, tomato sauce, black beans, great northern beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans
Raw popcorn (grind this for awesome corn bread)
Basmati rice (mmm!)
Brown Rice
Whole grain long wild rice
Sea Salt
Fresh pepper for grinding, peppercorns
Garlic- refrigerated, pre-smooshed
Spices- get one a grocery trip and you'll have an awesome assortment
Lemon Juice, Lime Juice
Zest
Olive Oil, Canola oil, Sesame Oil
Soy, Worcester Sauce
Organic Raw Peanut Butter
Barley
Canned Chicken and Tuna, water packed
Lentils, Pinto, White, Navy and Kidney beans, dry
Red and Yellow Onions

Parchment Paper
Pam Spray
A great blender, santoku knife, little food chopper and zester. I want a nice mixer and mill, but I need to do some rad Modbe parties to save up for them...

No comments: